The "Everyone Likes" Veggie Burgers
LEVEL: Easy LENGTH: 20 - 30 minutes Servings: 6-8
This recipe is actually pretty simple and easy to make! Everything basically needs to be tossed into one big bowl, mixed well, rolled into balls, quickly fried and served with your favourite burger toppings.
How can it get more simple?
Here's the recipe below. You can prep these ahead since the veggie batter stays fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days!
- avocado oil
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 sweet potatoes (baked, cooled and skins peeled off)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup rolled oats (add to a food processor to chop, avoid turning it into flour)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- desired burger toppings/fresh bun
1. In a large bowl mix the cooled sweet potato, salt & pepper, chilli powder, cayenne, cumin, onion and garlic.
2. Then add the quinoa, beans, oats, onion, garlic, parsley and any other ingredients you might fancy in your veggie burger.
3. Roll into 2-3 inch balls and slightly flatten into a patty. (chilling in the fridge for 15 minutes will help them hold their shape while cooking. I didn't chill mine and they still turned out perfectly)
4. Heat the avocado oil in a large pan and carefully fry the veggies patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and hot.
5. Serve with your favourite toppings and a fresh bun. This recipe can be bun-less since its a pretty high carb burger on its own.
I also had mine with eggs for breakfast and it was a perfect combination.
Try the Holistic Meal Plan if you are interested in more meals like this!