Olive Oil and Lemon Egg Noodle Pasta
Okay.. if you love pasta, you must try this recipe. This recipe is a different take on your basic tomato sauce pasta. It's much more light, fresh and in my opinion when its made right - more flavourful!
I used egg noodles instead of wheat since its higher in protein than regular pasta. The texture is so smooth - literally my all time favourite pasta.
Egg noodles can be found at most grocery stores in the pasta isle. Pasta is one meal I like to eat a few times a week since it's so simple to whip up, within a matter of 15-20 minutes.
I also like the fact I can always adjust it to my own needs and make it a higher calorie meal for my weight gain goals. You can adjust this recipe to less oil, more pasta water for a lower calorie meal.
Recipe: - egg noodles
- chicken breast or scalloped chicken (sliced in half - horizontally for a faster cooking process)
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon + 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
Chicken Seasoning: - salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1. Sprinkle the chicken seasoning over the chicken on both sides.
2. Bring water to a boil into a large pot with salt, and a splash of olive oil for the noodles. The olive oil helps the noodles from sticking together in the water.
Once water is boiled - add desired amount of egg noodles. Cook for approx 8 minutes, or until desired texture.
3. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil into a medium sized pan. Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook for 3 minutes each side or until fully cooked (depends on the size of your chicken breast)
Half way through the chicken cooking process - add the onion and garlic into the pan. Spread it around and use the veg to cover the chicken to keep it moist while infusing it with flavour. Cook this for a few minutes until the raw scent of the onion and garlic is gone. 4. Strain the noddles. BE SURE to save 1 mug full of pasta water when you strain the noodles. Pasta water will help create a sauce.
5. Add the noodles back into the pot, with 2-3 tbsp olive oil, chopped parsley and the lemon juice + zest. Slowly stir in the pasta water to combine everything. DONE! Serve the chicken over the pasta, feel free to add parmesan cheese like I did - adds the perfect extra touch.
LIKE THIS RECIPE?
21 day Meal Plan + Nutrition Guide with recipes like this - available in my Shop.