Super Simple Vegan Burrito Bowl
Have you ever had a vegan meal that made you ask yourself.. 'why aren't I vegan?"
Okay.. maybe you aren't in love with plant based food as much as I am but theres something about eating a vegan meal that just feels RIGHT.
I've had many vegan burrito bowl style meals before made in amazing delicious restaurants, but let me tell you.. my super simple recipe stands up to all of them! The key is to pack it with different vegetables, but vegetables that tastes good together and balance each other out. You know what I mean?
What's so great about this recipe is that all the ingredients you probably already have at home in your pantry!
Give this recipe a go for yourself and let me know what you think. I hope you absolutely love it and get all the Mexican vibezzzz.
Feel free to add chicken breast - tossed in the bean buritto seasoning for additional protein!
Recipe: - long brown rice & wild rice mix (I used 1 cup of pre cooked rice I had from leftovers in the fridge)
- drained and rinsed black beans (1/2 cup - 1 cup)
- 1-2 tsp tomato paste
- filtered water
- sliced sweet onion
- sliced bell peppers (I used red and yellow) - chopped tomatoes
- salsa and hummus
Additional optional toppings:
Avocado - totally would of used if I had some! Tatziki or sour cream / vegan sour cream.
Fried Bean + Veggie Burrito Seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 /2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
Split the seasoning in thirds - use 2/3 for the beans and 1/3 for the veggies.
Have cooked rice ready to go to make this recipe extra fast!
1. Heat 2 separate pans - with 2 tsp coconut oil in each pan over medium heat. Add the drained and rinsed black beans in one pan and the onion and peppers in a separate pan. Cook the veggies for a few minutes until they become slightly soft.
Reheat the beans over low- medium heat,
2. Add 2/3 of the seasoning to the beans and 1/3 to the veggies. Mix well until fully combined and cook for another few minutes until the veggies are softened and the beans are hot.
3. To make the beans saucy- once the beans are hot, add 1-2 tsp tomato paste to the pan and 1/2 cup water. Mix will until fully combined and simmer for 4-5 minutes until some of the water has absorbed and evaporated.
4. Serve the beans and veggies over 1 cup of reheated long grain brown rice mix.
Top with cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeños, lime, salsa, hummus and any other toppings you desire!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE!
LIKE THIS RECIPE?
21 day Meal Plan + Nutrition Guide with recipes like this - available in my Shop.