Level: Easy - Length: 20 minutes - Serves: 2-3
- 1 cup of organic buckwheat flour - 1 tbsp. vanilla - 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt - 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 mashed banana - 1/2 almond milk (add more if the batter is not thick enough)
1. Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined. 2. Add in wet ingredients and whisk until smooth! 3. Set in fridge for 5-10 minutes become putting on the stove. 4. Heat pancakes over medium heat until they are cooked through
5. Top with desired fruit and limit the maple syrup.
I haven't met one person who doesn't like pancakes for breakfast! Pancakes are known to be a quick, unhealthy breakfast but how about we make it a quick, healthy breakfast! Eliminating processed wheat and milk will help you digest these pancakes better and experience near to none bloating or stomach issues. Buckwheat is one of the oldest crops in history but has been stabbed in the back from the bigger crops that run the world (corn, wheat) It contains essentials vitamins and minerals, organic compounds that wheat cannot make. Consuming buckwheat instead of processed wheat flour can help with digestion, cholesterol, regulate hormones, improve the immune system and bone health! Now eating white processed flour will do about the exact opposite for you. Note: Gluten Free Buckwheat Flour is available for purchase at most health food stores