Pancakes done the right way can actually be a healthy, fulfilling and muscle building breakfast! Seriously, healthy or not - how can you not love pancakes?!
There are a few tricks when it comes to making nutritious pancakes...
- avoid processed white flour
- avoid using mountains of maple syrup (like myself hehe)
- you can't opt out maple syrup for coconut nectar which is lower on the glycemic index
- substitute the animal products for plant based ones
- add fruit and superfoods for nutrients
- add plant based protein powder to ensure you are consuming all macro nutrients
Making pancakes from scratch can be a little time consuming so in this recipe I am using GOGO Quinoa whole grain pancake mix. To make this recipe vegan - I substitute the egg for 1 banana mixed with chia seeds, milk with nut milk and butter for coconut oil.
I added 1 scoop of Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ powder vanilla for a source of plant based protein before a leg day at the gym!
Length: 15-20 minutes Level: Easy Servings: 3-4
- GOGO Quinoa whole grain pancake mix
- 1 scoop Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ powder
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- almond milk
- fresh fruit, hemp hearts and more chia seeds for topping
1. Use cooking directions and separate the wet ingredients from the dry.
2. Add 1 mashed banana and 1 tbsp. chia seeds to the wet ingredients (let sit for 5 minutes).
3. Add the dry ingredients and 1 scoop of protein powder to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. Don't over mix or the pancakes will be to dense.
4. Cook in coconut oil over medium heat and top with desired toppings!
MORE INFO about Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+:
WHERE TO BUY Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+: