4 Ingredient Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
Pancakes are definitely one of my favourite treats for breakfast!
You can still enjoy the foods you love (like pancakes and maple syrup) and adjust the ingredients for a healthier option.
Just like these simple healthy protein pancakes which only require 4 plant based ingredients!
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Pancake/Waffle Mix
you could also use 1 cup finely ground oats, oat flour or a healthy flour option of choice!
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 3/4 cup water
optional: 1 scoop protein powder, vanilla extract for extra flavour.
toppings: cinnamon, fruit, granola.
1. Mix the mashed banana with the water and chia seeds (the banana & chia seeds combined acts like an egg replacement).
2. Add the flour to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. Don't overmix! This tends to make pancakes more dense. We are going for fluffy pancakes!
3. Add some coconut oil to a large pan, over medium heat. Using a spoon scoop desired size pancakes into the pan. Wait until a few bubbles start to form and then flip.
4. Serve with maple syrup or coconut nectar (low glycemic) and top with your favourite toppings.