Time: 30-45 minutes
- 1 cup cooked basmati (add half a lime to the boiling pot of rice)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- sesame oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup veggie stock
- coconut milk (1/2 of a large can)
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
Spices: 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp ginger powder
(add chicken if desired)
1. On low-medium heat in a large pan add a splash of sesame oil with the ginger, garlic and the spices. Mix it together to make a paste.
2. Add the peppers, onion and broccoli. Cook for about 5 minutes until the veggies are coated in the spice paste.
3. Once the veggies are slightly softened, add 1 tbsp of flour and mix it into the veggies (this will help thicken the curry sauce)
4. Next, add the veggie stock, coconut milk and peas. Mix until its fully combined and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve over rice, with extra lime and sesame seeds on top!