Breakfast Oats Recipe
How to make the creamiest breakfast oats! RECIPE:
- Steel cut oats
- Filtered water + pinch of sea salt
- Fruit of choice
- Plant based milk of choice (I use almond or oat milk)
- Superfoods like hemp hearts, chia seeds, nuts and seeds etc. - Cinnamon
- Maple syrup
In this picture I used banana, strawberries, pumpkin seeds, granola, shredded coconut and raw peanut butter.
1. Cook the steel cut oats according to cooking directions. Usually its 1 cup of steel cut oats to 3 cups of water with a pinch of salt.
2. While the oats are cooking prepare your fruit of choice. I always like to have banana and some time of berry with my oats to give some tartness with the oats + berries are loaded in antioxidants and phytonutrients.
3. When the oats have absorbed the water add a splash of plant based milk, 1 tbsp of cinnamon and 1 tbsp of maple syrup. Give the oats a good mix. This will give the oats some flavour and make it creamy from the milk.
4. Serve 1/2 cup of the oats in a bowl and top with your extras! Throw the rest in a glass container in the fridge so you can give it a quick warm up for the next few mornings to come. PS. I leave cooked oats up to 3 days in my fridge!