Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Savoury Vinaigrette
The title may seem slightly bleh, but can I just say BOOM I am not Brussel sprouts biggest fan after trying something similar to this recipe in a restaurant!
This recipe isn't necessarily the most healthiest way to eat this vegetable but it's in my opinion its one of the most delicious ways to eat them.
It's the type of side dish you can quickly whip up if your having friends or family over. They'll truly be impressed by how amazing you recreated the "usually turned down" vegetable!
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of Brussels sprouts (cut according to your liking, for the size I had I cut them in half)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Spread the Brussel sprouts on a baking sheet. While you are making the dressing recipe below, bake the Brussel sprouts at 400 for 30-45 minutes flipping every 10 minutes.
- 1 finely diced shallot
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter (you can replace with vegan butter but I haven't personally tested it myself, I prefer to use the whole food)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large sauce pan heat the butter, continue stirring for approximately 5 minutes until the butter starts to turn a brownish colour. Remove from the heat so it won't burn!
2. Next while the butter is still hot add the shallots, stir and let sit for a few minutes so they can soften and the oils will release.
3. Add the vinegar, lemon, thyme and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl pour the dressing over top of the Brussel sprouts. Voila!
Hope you loved this fancy shmancy recipe as much as I did.